Abusive Buyer Policy
Last Updated: 4/23/2021
Our abusive buyer policy lays out unacceptable buying behavior.
Buyers may not misuse our feedback, or returns programs. Our full policy below outlines Truffle Board’s expectations for buyer behavior.
Abusive buyer policy overview
This policy outlines our expectations for buyer behavior. When buyers don't meet these standards, sellers can report abusive behavior.
Engaging in activity as described in this policy may result in a range of actions, including issuing warnings to buyers, blocking buyers from requesting returns or refunds on Truffle Board, blocking buyers from opening claims, and account suspension.
When we review a report of a member violating our policies, we look at the circumstances, including the members' history. We make decisions based on the evidence in the individual situation, as well as by evaluating patterns of behavior that create a negative value in the marketplace. If we aren't sure about something, we may not take any action. Also, because we respect our members' privacy, we can't discuss the results of any investigations.
Behaviors we don't allow
Don't demand something not offered in the original listing
- Requesting a shipping service not offered by the seller
- Requesting the seller ship to an address other than what is in your profile
- Requesting to use a payment method not supported by Truffle Board
- Requesting the seller hold your truffles so you can pay later
- Requesting a partial refund without returning the truffles
- Request additional truffles or services not included in the original listing or asking for a discount
- Finding an item on Truffle Board and taking the sale off Truffle Board
- Select one of the shipping services offered by the seller when you bid
- Updating your address in your Truffle Board account before you Bid
- Returning an item in accordance with the seller's returns policy
- Purchase items according to the terms included in the original listing
- Finding an item on Truffle Board and completing the sale on Truffle Board
Don't make false claims
- Claiming an item was not received when there is proof of delivery to the address on the Order details page
- Falsely claiming an item was not as described
- Claiming an item was not received when it has not been delivered by the latest estimated delivery date
- Claiming an item was not as described when the item you received did not match the description in the original listing
Don't misuse returns
- At this point no return are allowed
- Request a refund if the truffles don’t match the auction description
- Request a refund for not receiving the truffles
- Request a refund for a canceled auction request received before the truffles were shipped and accepted by seller
Don't misuse Truffle Board messaging or bidding
- Bidding for any purpose other than to purchase the item
- Sending messages to force or intimidate the other member into something outside of the original agreement
- You can only retract a bid under exceptional circumstances
- Using messages to ask questions to clarify listing descriptions or terms
Acceptable buying practices include adherence to the following policies.
- Communications: Your communications with sellers via email or Truffle Board Messages or Community discussion boards should comply with our member-to-member contact policy.
- Customs declarations: Asking a seller to falsely declare an item as a gift on a customs form is considered to be encouraging illegal activity.
- Unwelcome and malicious buying: We consider bidding on or buying an item when you have no intention of completing the transaction, or circumventing a seller's buyer requirements, to be unwelcome and malicious buying.
- Contact information: All Truffle Board members must keep their account details up to date. We take action when we know that a member has false or missing contact information.
Why does Truffle Board have this policy?
We want to make sure Truffle Board is a safe place to sell. In order to make Truffle Board a safe place to sell, we hold our buyers to certain standards. When buyers do not follow these standards we take action on our buyers and we protect our sellers.