Last Updated: 4/23/2021
Collection and Use of Information: We collect information in the following ways and for the following purposes:
- Registration. In order to use the Services you must provide certain Personal Information to us such as your full name, organization name, and email address. In general, none of your registration information will be shared with any other users of the Services, aside from the public user profile information you submit. We also collect and link with your user account various information which may include your name, email address, phone number, payment information, physical address, as well as those of your connections.
- Content Uploads & Contacts. When you use the Services, we store the content you upload (including product information, product-related media) and your public user profile information (which may include names, work information, slogans, profile headers and images). You own the content you provide but we will help you share that product content and the content in your public user profile, with other Users. The analytics around your profile, content you make available, and messages you send through the Services will be visible to us and potentially other Users including, saved searches, comments on the Truffle Board services, product comments and reviews, and details of the users, and products that you are following on the Services. We use this information to improve the Services and our recommendations to you.
- Your Contacts. If during the use of our Services you provide us with access to your contacts, we store those contacts on our system. This will make it easier for you to do things like share your Content, send emails and messages, and invite others to use the Services.
- Device Data. We may collect information from and about the devices you and other users use to access the Services and Content. This may include IP addresses, the type of browser and device used, and identifiers associated with those devices. Your devices (depending on their settings) may also transmit location information to the Services (eg. via Mobile GPS). This data is used to help continuously improve our service offering.
- User Communications. The Services are intended to facilitate business communications and interactions in the product space. We collect analytics around User messaging and communications, which we evaluate to improve our Services and the overall experience we provide to Truffle Board Users. Furthermore, we are very proud to be associated with the wonderful Truffle Board User community and take enforcement of the User Conduct Policy very seriously. We retain the right to monitor any content posted, submitted to, or messaged through the Truffle Board Services including messaging, to ensure that our User Conduct Policy is not being violated. Truffle Board does not generally track the contents of communications sent between users.
- Statistics. We collect statistics about use of the Services primarily for service improvement. This information will be kept confidential, however, aggregate statistics that do not personally identify an individual will be kept by us and such aggregate statistics may be made available to other Users or third parties.
- Personalized Recommendations: Through the capabilities of the Services and use of various tracking technologies we will have access to certain information about how users interact with the Services and our application including tracking individual events across the web application and collection of heat maps of activity on individual pages on the Website. We may use this information to make recommendations on how to optimize your use of the Services (for example, if you have created a product page but don’t have any graphics we may recommend vendors offering graphic creation services to you). We may also show you specific content based on your user activity, and also recommend other Users we suggest you connect with.
- Information from Others: We collect information that others provide us, including information from other platforms, publicly available information, information from other Truffle Board users, information from our partners, and information from third-party sites. We collect this information to help enhance user profiles, ensure validity of user information for security purposes, and/or improve our service offering.
Important Exceptions: We need to abide by the law. Truffle Board may disclose your information to third parties without your consent if we determine that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to (a) comply with the law; (b) protect any person from death or serious bodily injury; (c) prevent fraud or abuse of Truffle Board Services or our Users; or (d) protect Truffle Board’s intellectual property rights. If Truffle Board is subject to a reorganization, merger, acquisition or sale of our assets, your information and content may be transferred as part of that deal. We will notify you (via an email message to the email address associated with your account) of any such deal and present your options.
Security: The security of your Personal Information is important to us. We use commercially reasonable efforts to store and maintain your Personal Information in a secure environment. We use established third party cloud hosting providers and third party CRM providers to store and host your data. We take technical, contractual, administrative, and physical security steps designed to protect Personal Information that you provide to us. We have implemented procedures designed to limit the dissemination of your Personal Information to only such designated staff as are reasonably necessary to carry out the stated purposes we have communicated to you.
You are also responsible for helping to protect the security of your Personal Information. For instance, you should never give out your email, password and account information for the Services to third parties.
We will keep your personal information only for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which we are processing your personal information unless the law permits or requires us to retain your personal information for a longer period. For example, we may need to keep your personal data for quality assurance for our Website or to defend future legal claims. We also will retain aggregated information after your account has been closed. Information you have shared with others will remain visible after you have closed your account or deleted the information from your own profile or account, and we do not control information or content that others have copied out of Truffle Board. Please note that copies of information that you have updated, modified, or deleted may continue to reside in our systems for a period of time, and we may maintain copies of this information as part of our business records.
If you wish to learn more about specific legal grounds we rely on to process your information for any particular purpose (including any legitimate interests we have to process this information), please contact us at email@example.com. For example, we rely on our legitimate interests to process information to assist in the matchmaking of Buyers and Brands and for fraud prevention and detection, provided these interests are not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms.
Your Data Protection Rights (European Economic Area): In some regions, such as the EEA, you may have certain rights in relation to your personal information, including the right to access, correct, update, or request deletion of your personal information. Your business’ profile is populated based on information you provided, which you can edit at any time.
You can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information, or request portability of your personal information by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If we have collected and processed your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws. We may ask you to verify your identity in order to help us respond efficiently to your request.
Access and Accuracy: You have the right to access the Personal Information we hold about you in order to verify the Personal Information we have collected in respect to you and to have a general account of our uses of that information. Upon receipt of your written request, we will provide you with a copy of your Personal Information although in certain limited circumstances, we may not be able to make all relevant information available to you such as where that information also pertains to another user. In such circumstances we will provide reasons for the denial to you upon request. We will endeavor to deal with all requests for access and modifications in a timely manner.
We will make every reasonable effort to keep your Personal Information accurate and up-to-date, and we will provide you with mechanisms to update, correct, delete or add to your Personal Information as appropriate. As appropriate, this amended Personal Information will be transmitted to those parties to which we are permitted to disclose your information. Having accurate Personal Information about you enables us to give you the best possible service.
Contact Us: If you have any questions, comments or suggestions of if you find any errors in our information about you or for any issues or complaints related to privacy concerns, please email us at email@example.com.