Seller performance policy
Last Updated: 4/23/2021
We always want to ensure buyers have a great experience on Truffle Board. To help ensure this, we’ve put in place minimum performance standards for areas within a seller’s control, such as handling time and prompt problem resolution.
Seller performance policy overview
Truffle Board expects sellers to consistently provide service that results in a high level of buyer satisfaction. This includes setting and meeting buyer expectations by providing excellent customer service from beginning to end.
As a seller, you're expected to:
- Promptly resolve customer issues
- Ship items on time, within your specified handling time
- Manage inventory and assure items are available as stated
- Charge reasonable shipping and handling costs
- Specify shipping costs
- Handle and ship package within 24 hours unless explicitly specified in the auction description.
- Respond to buyers' questions promptly
- Be helpful, friendly, and professional throughout a transaction.
- Make sure the truffles are delivered to the buyer as described in the listing
For more information on meeting buyers' expectations, see our selling practices policy.
Keep in mind, too, that if you don't meet buyers' expectations, it can lead to:
- Not meeting the late shipment rate requirements
- Exceeding minimum requirements for defect rate
- A bad experience for you and the buyer
- Low detailed seller ratings
- Negative or neutral feedback from a buyer
- A buyer requesting a return or reporting that an item was not received
- A buyer asking us to step in and help with a transaction issue
Transaction defect rate requirements
The transaction defect rate is the percentage of your transactions that have one or more of the following defects:
- Truffles delivered but not meeting quality standards
- Truffles not meeting listing description
- Seller-initiated transaction cancellation
Buyers will see the number of canceled auctions. Keep in mind that buyers also see your feedback rating and all 3 detailed seller ratings.
You'll be recognized for on-time shipping if tracking shows your item was either shipped within the stated handling time or delivered by the estimated delivery date. If there's no tracking available, we'll check with your buyer. If your buyer confirms the item was delivered on time—you'll be recognized for on-time shipping.
We'll only consider a shipment as late if:
- Tracking shows the item was delivered after the estimated delivery date, unless there's an acceptance scan within your handling time or there's confirmation from the buyer of on-time delivery
- The buyer confirms the item was delivered after the estimated delivery date, unless there's an acceptance scan within your handling time or there's delivery confirmation by the estimated delivery date
Cases closed without seller resolution
For Truffle Board, when a buyer initially starts a return because the item didn't match the listing description or reports that they didn't receive an item, the transaction issue is called a "request." If the buyer and seller can't resolve the problem, and the buyer or seller asks us to step in and help with the transaction, the request then becomes a "case."
The number of cases closed without resolution is an important indicator of how well a seller may be meeting buyer expectations on Truffle Board, and is a measure of overall seller performance.
A case closed without seller resolution is any case the seller is unable to resolve with the buyer prior to the buyer asking us to step in and help with a request, and Truffle Board determines the seller is responsible.
Fair performance evaluation
To measure your overall performance accurately, we look at your performance as a whole. We also consider a buyer's pattern for opening requests and cases and leaving low detailed seller ratings—and protect you when necessary.
What happens if you don't meet the standards?
If you don't meet the minimum performance standards, we may put limits on your selling activity until your performance improves. We may also restrict you from selling items on Truffle Board if your performance falls significantly below the minimum requirements.
If your account doesn't meet the standards, you:
- Need to resolve all issues on the account before buying or selling with other accounts
- Can't register for a new account
- Can't use an existing Truffle Board account to avoid buying and selling limits or other policy consequences
Note: We monitor Truffle Board for sellers who may be creating poor buying experiences at higher rates, in shorter timeframes, or in different areas than other sellers, according to these standards. These accounts may be restricted, limited, suspended.
For guidelines on meeting buyers' expectations, see our selling practices policy.